Nowadays, it’s essential to build a website for your business or company to grow fast. You may think that website design is a difficult task but moving to an online business is easier than ever. Without having any technical skills, you can build your website in an hour or two.
Yes, this is the truth. You can create a website using two ways: with WordPress or website builder. You have to figure out which one is suitable. This beginner’s guide will walk you through creating a website from scratch step-by-step to avoid wastage of money and time.
What do you need to build a website?
The most important things that you need to know are:
- Domain Name (for example, www.yoursite.com)
- Website Hosting (A service that makes your website available to the visitors)
- WordPress ( A commonly used free content management system to customize your website)
- Website Builder ( A simple paid way that makes a website without hosting)
To create a functional website design, you’ll require a suitable web address (domain name) and a web hosting account. Without these two the website can’t be set up and accessible to others.
After getting a domain name and hosting, you can create a WordPress website.
Third of All websites are using WordPress because it is very popular, efficient, and easy to install from your web-hosting.
How to select a domain name?
To design a website, the first thing to get is a domain name. It consists of a website name and address. The visitors access the website through the address in their browser.
Check out our blog article: How to find the perfect domain name?
The website name is your choice, it can be anything. The cost of a domain name per year can be $10 to $50. If you haven’t chosen any name or not registered yet to any domain name, I have some tips for you:
- If you’re creating a website for business purposes, it is preferred to match your website name with the name of the organization.
- If you are interested in building a personal website, your name as a website name or any unique idea is a great option.
- Configure your audience area. This means if you’re targeting visitors globally then use an extension like .com, .org, .net, etc. Otherwise, for local audience use local domains such as .au, .de, .uk etc.
Don’t panic, if you’re are unable to obtain the desired domain name, 300 million domains are registered but there are billions of options that you have.
Buy web hosting and register your domain
After selecting a unique and suitable domain name, you need to have web hosting to build a website. On which you’ll also register website address.
Web hosting is a service to host or store your website content or files on a reliable and secure server. It keeps a website always online and running. A site can’t be accessible to browse or read without web hosting.
Genuine and safe web hostings are available from $3 to $10 per month. It’s just the price of a coffee cup, but a significant investment for a great website.
Try to keep these points in mind while signing up the web hosting:
- The free domain name at least for a year
- Free WordPress install with a single click
- Multiple subdomains and unlimited bandwidth (without traffic limitations)
- 24/7 live chat customer support
- Custom email accounts
Think yourself lucky, if you’ve found everything from a provider at a good price. Moreover, web hosting and the domain name from the same provider saves time to make a professional website
Go to the web hosting provider website, select a plan that is suitable for you, and register your domain name. After this, you’ve to install a content management system (CMS).
How to set up WordPress to build a website?
Uniquely, WordPress is a user-friendly CMS that includes multiple free designs in large numbers to provide a unique and professional look. You don’t require coding skills to manage WordPress to build a website, mostly hosting does that.
After logging in the web hosting, create a site, and provide information like username and password. Commonly, web hosting gave the option to install WordPress in Control Panel. If not, it can be set up manually.
Test your website address
Type your selected web address in the browser and search. WordPress’s basic design (Hello World) will show up otherwise there is some problem. The basic design can be customized according to your needs.
Verify your HTTPS or SSL Certificate
SSL certificate ensures that a website and visitor have a secure connection. Whether web hosting provided you an SSL certificate or not, you can check. It can be checked by clicking the security tab in the web hosting account.
Customize your website design
WordPress provides out of the box unique themes that change the entire look of the website. These eye-catchy free or paid themes can be easily switched. After choosing the theme, you can add a logo, change the design, fonts, and color scheme.
Furthermore, you can add sidebar and widgets to build an effective website.
Use a website builder to build your website
A large number of people build websites from a website builder. Wix and Shopify are at the top with over 100 and 1.2 million respectively. The reason behind this is that you don’t need a single technical skill to build a premium quality website.
Even, no need to buy a domain name or web hosting from providers. Just choose your subscription plan and focus on design and content. Website builders avoid technical jargon and offer a drag and drop design interface.
You can make a website by following these steps:
- Choose a matching website builder according to your budget and business.
- Sign up for the best plan that is according to needs and budget.
- Pick a relevant and unique domain name.
- Add an attractive design template
- Customize design template
- Upload and arrange your content
- Download and install supportive applications
- Test website with preview
- Publish website
Now, you have an idea what are the requirements to build a website and which way is best for you. After all, WordPress is always best for blogging and Shopify for e-commerce. If you’re considering WordPress for you then you can practice it by using free web hosting infinity free. We do not recommend it for personal or business use. You can get a free domain and host for practice.